04 September 2013

Janmastami at Edinburgh

The nearest temple is in a farm community called 'Karuna Bhavan' which takes close a couple of hours to reach by bus. This Janmastami was an in-house festival for us.

On my visit to St James mall, here at Princes street which is the city center, I could buy good cloth and some good sequins. Within two days I could hand stitch a beautiful dress for Sri Jagannath, Baladev and Subadra Mayi and Sri Gopala.



I was surprised the dress came out better than the ones I use to machine stitch. We offered nice abhisheka with milk, curd, ghee, honey and gur water, offered new garments and sweets to Sri Gopala. We sang bhajans and kirtan and read Krishna book. Though we were only three including my little son, the festival was very joyful. Where the Lord is glorified, that place become Vaikunta. We could distribute some prasadam to a kind Scottish lady who lives next door.

No comments: