To serve : 2 people
Basmati Rice (Long grain) : 1 cup
Carrots chopped finger size : 1/4 cup
Broccoli florets : 1/4 cup
Beans chopped finger size : 1/4 cup
Potato chopped finger size : 1/4 cup
Green pepper can be added too.
Zeera/cumin : 1/2 tea spoon
Clove : 2
Cinnamon powder : 1/4 teaspoon
Green Chillies : 2 medium sized
Ginger paste or coursely cut pieces : 1/2 teaspoon
Bayleaf : 1
cashew nut : 1/4 cup
Ghee : 2 teaspoons
Cooking oil : 2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
1. Wash and drain basmati rice and keep it aside for 10 mins
2. Add 2 teaspoons of ghee and 2 teaspoon oil in to medium size pressure cooker or pressure pan.
3. Heat ghee and oil in low flame and add cumin seeds.
4. Add slit green chillies, clove, cinnamon powder, bay-leaf and ginger. Fry for a minutes. Fry chashew nuts till brown with the same mixture in low flame.
5. Add cut vegetables and fry for two minutes.
6. Add rice and mix for two mins till rice starts to stick to the bottom of the pan.
7. Pour 2 cups water and salt as per taste.
8. Cook in pressure cooker for in medium flame until one whistle sound. Take it out of the burner and let it cool.
9. When the steam is out, open and mix with a fork.
10. Offer it to Lord Krishna with love and serve hot along with raita (mix grated cucumber with yoghurt and salt to make a simple raita. Chopped tomatoes and grated carrots can also be added to it.)