Here is a lesson plan to introduce Gaudiya Vaishnava diciplic succession or parampara to 4 to 5 year old children.Parampara Worksheet.docx
Parampara Disciplic Succession Worksheet.pdf
1, The activity is designed like a treasure hunt. The treasure here is Srila Prabhupada.
2. The blocks on the Parampara Disciplic Succession Worksheet.pdf are paper pockets with names and numbers on them.
3. Print and cut the acharyas' pictures and write on them the same number that is on the pocket they are to be hidden in to. Acharyas whose pictures that are not in the picture file may be written in a piece of paper and inserted in to the respective pockets.
4. Show Bhagavad Gita to the children and ask them to the draw the book in the first page of the activity sheet. Encourage them to draw Lord Krishna, Arjuna, the chariot, the horses and the weapons.
5. Ask them the following questions.
a.What did Lord Krishna speak to Arjuna in the battle field of Kurukshetra?
b.Who gave us Bhagavad Gita?
6. Let one child find Krishna's picture in pocket number 1. Explain how Krishna is God and how He knows everything.
7. Let another child search for pocket number 2 in some other page and find Lord Brahma. Explain a little about who is Lord Brahma and how Krishna revealed Bhagavad Gita to him from his heart. In this way every child gets an opportunity to search for a pocket according to the number and finds an acharya. A small and exciting story about the acharya may be told.
8. At the end, Srila Prabhupada is be found and we can explain how Srila Prabhupada translated and explained Bhagavad Gita to all of us.
9. This activity can go up to 2 hrs depending on the group.
10. It can also be used any number of times and as kids grow we can give them more information about the acharyas.
Hours of Krishna Conscious story telling ahead!