17 December 2013

Japa Japa Japa

Even though there are many important things that come to our mind, chanting 16 rounds, told to us by Srila Prabhupada, is the most important activity in a day, which, however, is procrastinated to become the last activity of the day. What is strange is that every day we plan to make chanting the first and foremost activity of the day but by the effect of some unknown, internal or external power, it ends up becoming the last. I often resolve and say, 'this has to stop'.

Many such resolutions are made at sattvic moments sadly weakened when rajas and tamas crush and triumph over the feeble intention. I resolve; I break; I resolve; I break.

Now I have had enough of it; time to punish. No dinner or supper until my rounds are completed. This worked. Believe me, it did. 

No comments: