Taking care of your hands is extremely important before the wedding. There will probably be no other time in your life when they will be on display more. If you don’t have the budget to get regular manicures in salons, follow these steps to give yourself a perfect manicure at home. Remember that the hands of men and women both need regular manicures to be their healthiest and look their best.
- Cotton balls or Q-Tips
- Nail file and/or nail clippers
- Warm, soapy water in a shallow bowl
- Cuticle Cream
- Cuticle Stick
- Moisturizing hand lotion
- Damp cloth
- Moisten a cotton ball with nail polish remover and wipe gently starting at the base of the nail to the tip.
- Use an emery board to file your nails.
- If your nails need to be trimmed, do so now.
- File your nails in one direction starting at the edges and moving toward the top and to the type of shape you want your nails to take.
- Soak your fingers in soapy water for a few minutes to soften the cuticles.
- Use an anti-bacterial hand soap or one with some moisturizers.
- Rub a cuticle cream on the cuticles.
- Use a wood stick or your fingers to gently push back the cuticles.
- Massage your hands with a moisturizing lotion.
- Then wipe nails with a damp cloth to remove any excess oils.